One of my new favorite blogs Sht A Gay Kenyan Writes nominated yours truly for the Versatile Blogger award
(thank you!) which I initially met with mixed feelings. Awhile back, someone made a post about these awards being annoying and without value since eventually every single blogger on WordPress (and probably on other blogging systems) will get one. Unfortunately I can no longer remember where I read this post but I was taken aback by the condescending/strongly negative criticisms of something I thought was harmless and got turned off the entire awards matter.
Now forced to think about this again, I realize that even when I got the first award, I knew it wasn’t some special prize and I wasn’t going to receive any checks or some token to place on my shelf. Though I may come off as one sometimes, I’m not a ‘kumbaya’ person but I do believe that it’s good to show appreciation to the people who help make your days a little better. When I nominated people, it was just my way of telling them that I love their writing, look forward to their posts and should there ever be a time that WordPress begins to give out serious awards that in which the votes are WP bloggers, I would certainly vote for them. Sure, the awards may be childish but I’d rather be that old guy who insists on bungee-jumping in his eighties while wearing an Icona Pop tee-shirt than that 25 year-old whose level of maturity is ‘far beyond his years’. A lot of people seem to have a need to make a big deal out of nothing and it’s not cute.
So Seven things about me..
1. I hate overly abbreviated text messages, especially when the messages are sent on mobile messengers that do not have a limit of 160 characters. Some of the minor ones I can handle but an adult sending a message with all vowels removed? Sometimes it feels like I need the enigma machine to decipher such code and it’s a huge turn off. If your phone is too cramped to say what you want/need to say, send a voice note or better yet call the person.
2. My favorite color this month is green.
3. I’ve slept with more people than my boyfriend. For some reason this bothers him considerably even though it’s not a huge gap – think single digits. Conversely, this is a question that I don’t ask other people. Now I’m not saying that if I found out he has had sex with enough people to make up a small country I wouldn’t be bothered but it’s not a question I think about when I’m trying to get to know someone.
5. If I leave the lights on when I go to bed, I wake up in three hours and can’t go back to sleep until I turn them off. This comes in handy when I need to wake up super early.
6. One time when I was a lot younger, I
ate licked clean half a bowl of icing sugar mix and couldn’t speak for 30 seconds. One of the most terrifying experiences of my childhood. The very next time someone baked a cake, I did the same thing. Thankfully, nothing happened.
7. I love the art of Jiraiya(==>), a talented Japanese artist who makes beautiful images of men. He also illustrates comic books (mostly bara) which have interesting themes and dialogue to say the least.
As for nominating 15 blogs, I don’t know how to pick just 15. I’ll put up my blog roll as soon I can undo the mess I caused by changing my registered email address on WP hence messing up my Reader (thank you Yahoo!Mail).