Finally back on line after a month of waiting for a new internet connection then having my router short-circuit from a power surge. It was a lesson in patience, one that I hope never to experience again.
I was tagged in this Q&A game awhile ago by Rainey which involves answering a group of questions and formulating yours. This has come at a great time since I needed something to cheer me up today.
The rules are as follows:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
The questions and my answers:
1. What is your favourite time of the year and why?
Seeing as there are only two seasons in the tropics, choice is limited but I’d say the dry season. During this season especially at night, the winds blow very loudly and forcefully and sometimes it seems like an army of banshees is on the offensive. It’s actually scary but a good kind of scary (if something like that exists). I love the fact that I can go out without the fear of sudden rain storms that can last for days. Considering how bad the drainage systems are and how terrible the flooding can be, it’s nice not worry about your house getting flooded also.
2. Name something that seriously makes you laugh out loud?
Madam and Eve any day
3. We are all unique. What quality do you like about yourself that makes you unique?
My easy-going nature – it’s made me very open to people and I seem to get along with any kind of person. It kind of contrasts with my inability to have anything in common with most of my friends but it sort of works. I like that I rarely hold grudges.
4. Free verse or rhyming?
I would say free verse
5. If you could have any career in the world, what would you do?
A abstract painter – the geometric kind. There’s this idea of an order within the idea that I find truly remarkable. I’m sure it’s not all fun and games but it seems that it would be an amazing way to live.
6. What is your favourite song, type of music or band?
This is a hard one. I don’t have a favourite sing or type of music or band. I have a bunch of songs that I become obsessed with for awhile then relax and listen to other stuff. Currently Gotye, Becca, Royksopp and Enya are on my playlist.
7. Are you a neat freak, slob, or somewhere in between? If in between, which side are you closest to?
I’d say in between but definitely more slob.
8. You are stranded on a large, beautiful deserted island. What 5 things do you want to have with you?
Blanket, pocket knife (the Swiss army kind), matches, journal (the kind that comes with a pen!), bucket
9. Tell me about the most beautiful place you have ever visited
This is a hard one because I have been to a couple of really awesome places but I’d have to say a park in the USA near some pier where gay teens and tweens (mostly couples) hang out. It was at a time that I had just become sexually active and was dealing with a lot of internal turmoil coupled with the frustration of not being able to talk to any of my close friends about it. I felt being gay was a sin and I was definitely going to hell. To see a place where people around my age were free to be themselves in public and just be free was beautiful.
10. What is the most daring (or fun) thing you have ever done? First time I had sex. It was in a city I had never been in, with a guy who I met off the internet. There were so many things that could have gone wrong but it turned out okay.
11. Do you have a Bucket List? (Things you want to do before you die). Tell me a few of the things on your list.
Interestingly enough I never thought about bucket lists until I had a chat recently with my brother who is a serious ‘bucket-lister’. Now I have a list in my head – I’m not going to live forever and there are things I definitely want to do someday and knowing what these things are is the first step. Visit every African country south of the Sahara, go skydiving, raise a child (not sure if this should be here but hey) are a few.
Now for my questions:
1. If you found out you were going to die tomorrow what are the three things you would do today?
2. Name three things that make you happy
3. If you could go back to the past and change one thing, what would you change and why?
4. Beer or wine?
5. What is the best book you have read this year and why?
6. Name the song you have listened to the most this week?
7. If you had the power to change the world in one way, what would you do and why?
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
9. Name one icon you admire and why
10. If you could go to one place before you die, where would it be?
11. Home boy/girl or party animal?
So play along people (or not!)
Angry Ricky, Claire, The Young Plum, Manleben, Sapphiqueer, Guy Penn, Sacha Black, Deanna, Kiltman, Sweaty Girl, Dad Poet
August 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm
That explains why I haven’t heard from you lately! I missed you, my friend!
August 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm
August 8, 2012 at 1:24 am
Just getting back into the swing of things myself. Welcome back!
August 8, 2012 at 6:39 am
October 4, 2012 at 10:01 am
Tig to you, too: http://clareflourish.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/tig-2/